Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

We went to my sister's house last night about 9 pm...both Glen and I worked all day. The guests at my sister's house were a mix of people we didn't know, until our other sister arrived. We stayed until about 11:30 pm then made our way home. We were definitely in bed by the stroke of midnight, when all the fireworks, guns, etc., started going off for a good half hour. I don't like to be out and about at midnight, or even be awake at that hour. My nana used to tell us it was the bewitching hour, though I've heard its closer to 3 am. When did it change?

I walked 4 miles this morning in 45F sunny weather. It was a beautiful day, and the walk felt good. The path I walk takes me downhill and back up again...my legs are a bit sore right now...a good sore :) Glen had to work today...he went in at 7 instead of the usual 5 am. I spent the day at my mom's chit chatting away until almost 4 pm when I started making my way back home.

Glen and I went to dinner at The Melting Pot - a fondue restaurant. Beth and Ken over in Nutwood had a fondue dinner yesterday. I like fondue. Glen had never been so it was an experience for him. It is a little pricey, but it is an experience for sure. By the time dessert came around, we were both stuffed, but who can pass up chocolate with a hint of chunky peanut butter; dippers included cheesecake, jumbo marshmallows, brownie, banana, strawberries, rice krispy treats. OMG...it was sooooo good!! Dinner was almost 3 hours long. I brushed my teeth as soon as I got home...lest all that sugar make my chompers fall out!

Both of us go back to work tomorrow. I'm sure Glen will work all weekend. His boss asked Glen where we wanted to go for the extra week of vacation time he will give Glen this year! Wooo hoo...

Talk soon...

7 comments:

Senorita said...

Happy New Year !! I don't know why but I just discovered that you have a blog. I thought I looked for it before and couldn't find it. Sorry for the clumsiness and I have a lot of catching up to do.

Big Mark 243 said...

That is a way cool thing, to get in a nice long walk! I feel you on that 'good sore' too ... sometimes, the feeling of honest effort can be intoxicating!

kelly said...

the fondue restaurant sounded wonderful.. something I may have to check out. I would have to agree with your nana... the bewithching hour is a nice way of putting it.. Happy New year to you and yours..

Jimmy's Journal said...

I always enjoyed fondue, as much for the fun of it as the actual food. Yet, my heart does belong to chocolate.

Happy New Year.

Jimmy

Beth said...

Sounds like a fun time! I had never heard of the Melting Pot until someone else mentioned it on their blog. We don't have one around here, so we did ours at home! Mmm, rice krispie treats dipped in chocolate...you just gave me a new idea!

Anonymous said...

I know some people just crazy about The Melting Pot, never tried it, but it does sound good. I traveled a bit for New Year's but took the cats...Oh,I am an old cat lady for sure. I love getting in those long walks too. ~Mary

Leon1234 said...

Happy New Year!!!