Our weather has been so beautiful that I have to wonder where did the winter go or did we ever have one? Usually by this time we've had a couple of cold snaps, and a few protect the plants, pets, pipes and people, but this season, maybe twice!! While hiking in Sabino Canyon yesterday, some of the ocotillos are already blooming - seems they are confused too. I wore shorts and a t-shirt at 6 pm! We are due for a cold spell this weekend, maybe 57F on Sunday. Right now, it is 70F, and its almost 10pm! I have never lived anywhere else but here, so I cannot imagine cold like the rest of the country experiences. Of course, the summers can get quite toasty ;)
My pay cut will be 5%, which is not bad, and I still have a job. Lots going on at work behind the scenes, but to our guest population it is business as usual. Although I have seen some guest surveys where they have cited cutbacks as areas where we need to improve. Our new phone list came out today, and I compared it to the last version, and quite a few people are gone. Even the parking lots have ample parking when just a few short months ago if you didn't get there by 8 am, you had to park on the road and risk a ticket from our security office. Three tickets to your manager and its a verbal warning...yikes!
Alisha and I have been walking in Sabino Canyon the last 3 days, except today. Last week we walked 3 days out of 7. Today I attended a lecture at one of the medical centers near my house. Topic: Eating Healthy on a Budget. It was a regurgitation of common sense guidelines...I don't know, maybe I just wasn't in the mood. I am doing a Get Well in 2009 series at work...12 weeks of tracking my physical activity (minimum 2.5 hours a week), attend 3 nutrition lectures (1 per month), and a stress reducing activity (it can be anything you do for you) per week. Because my employer is so health oriented, we get all this information at work. Not to say I know it all, but the key is to just do it...we all know what we need to do, we just don't. That goes for me too. I'll probably end up pitching the peach pie I made last Sunday!
Its way past my bedtime...talk soon!
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
It was 20 degrees and icy this morning... Your KILLING me with your discriptions of mild weather. Glad you're still employed, and it is a real gun (Accuracy International AE in .308)
Glad that you are getting into a routine for your health. I know I do not do as much as I should, but slowly increasing. 2-3 weeks good, 1-2 weeks bad. Need to break the cycle.
Cousin Shane loves the Southwest, and one of his favorites is the ocatillo. He's taken some beautiful pics of the desert in bloom! I'm looking forward to seeing it when we come through on our Route 66 trip.
Enjoy your weekend!
Hugs, Beth
I keep won*ering who is this woman? Wish you ha* a picture to see what you look like. It is always nice to put a face to a name... Thank you so much fo all of your kin* comments in my journal. It is so muggy & hot here. The girls are always col* so the office is like nursing home temperature without the smell. LOL
XX
Post a Comment