Another week has passed, another month, only two months remain in the year! I don't remember time passing so quickly when I was younger, or maybe I'm just more aware that the clock doesn't stop...it just keeps on ticking.
I had class yesterday, Introduction to Clinic. We will be doing clinicals next quarter, where we actually do massage on the public. This class is teaching critical thinking skills, visually assessing clients, interview questions, etc. to determine treatment. We will also be doing massage on special populations, elderly, amputees, HIV, many different types of people. How many of these people do not ever receive touch because they are different? I am more than a little nervous, however, I've made it this far. I need to actually do more massages outside of class time, when is the question. Between school, work, my family, chores, and, hey, I have to sleep sometime. I am feeling sleep deprived most of the time. It would probably help if I stayed off the computer, huh?? This is the biggest time waster of all!
Alisha and I went to an arts and craft fair today...just for a couple of hours because, of course, I had to study! We didn't even stop for coffee or lunch because I had to study!! We hadn't gotten together since she returned from Germany mid-September and it was good to see her. I have missed our conversations, our walks, and just hanging out. I think she will be going back to school in a couple of months too...welcome to my world! Oh, and she's going on a cruise in January, she just got back from Germany, then she went to San Francisco. Don't know if she's going home to Oregon for the holidays this year. We'll forego our annual Sedona trip in December due to...you guessed it, school!
My sister went ghost hunting this weekend, how appropriate! I haven't talked to her to find out if she saw anything, but I'm sure I'll get the low down tomorrow!
How about those Vikings!! Ok, so they lost last week, and it was a sad loss...they didn't even play that well. UofA had a bye this week, we play on Saturday at 1:30 pm, which means I'll have to hightail it over to the stadium immediately after class, which ends at 1 pm...yikes!! Hope its not too hot...it was about 90F today. Last week, Tuesday and Wednesday, it was in the lower 60's...go figure.
Talk soon...gotta study!!
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I wouldn't have figured you for a Viking fan.
That was a very sensitive observation you made about the people you will be working on. When was the last time they were touched by someone with the intention to make them feel better? The will be fortunate to have you help bring some relief in their lives.
You will be providing a great service to many deserving people.
Hope you can find a good balance and get a bit more sleep.
That's great that everything is going well. The special population massages well be appreciated, I'm sure.
Jimmy
Post a Comment