Today, my parents, sister and BIL went to a funeral in Chandler...the wife of the deceased is my dad's cousin, so not particularly close, but my parents wanted to go pay their respects and catch up with people they haven't seen in a long time. The family is actually from Queen Creek, a tiny (or used to be small) community just south of Phoenix. Growing up we used to spend a lot of time visiting relatives, who lived rural and very simple. I remember walking miles along the railroad tracks besides farmland, sometimes until the sun was well set. As we'd walk, we would tell scary stories, my cousins were good storytellers. I was/am so gullible I'd believe every word they said. Little did I realize, it was the fabrication of those stories from our aunts who just wanted us home at a decent hour. My sister and I were younger than our more mature, older cousins, maybe 2-3 years. Seeing them today with their families, made me realize that time does indeed fly by. They look so old, even those that were younger than I. I must look old to them too!
The weather here has been gorgeous!!! Absolutely beautiful...blue skies, warm days, chilly nights - but still you can do things outside. May have been 72F today for a high. Alisha and I have been walking in Sabino Canyon after work, 5:15 pm, and by the time we're done, over 2 miles, the sun is just setting. Good workout, and gives me a good night sleep. I just seem to be very hungry lately, so trying to eat healthy too.
Glen has to work tomorrow, so I'm on my own for most of the morning. Even when he's not home, I'll make a good breakfast of eggs, potatoes, toast. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, and gets me off to a good start. We'll watch the game on Sunday, maybe grill some steaks and chill...Go Cards!!
Talk soon...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh yeah, it's Superbowl weekend. I hope your team wins.
I am also very gullible. You wouldn't believe some of the bs stories I actually believed. Thank God I am not the only one.
I am great at deadpan stories, so you are the type I target, hook - line - and sinker :o)
We are rooting for the Cards as well.
Sounds like beautiful weather--I can only dream about such weather at the moment!
Go Cards!
Post a Comment