Monday, March 2, 2009

Sunshine Abounds!

Time just seems to escape me...or I have a boring life! Take your pick. The weather here has been unseasonably warm, up to 10 degrees. We topped out at 91F last Monday. If you caught any of the Accenture Golf matches over the weekend the commentators were gushing over the weather. It was absolutely gorgeous! We also had the rode in town. I didn't think that was such a big deal, but I heard it is in one of the top 20 in the country with a purse of $400K! I've been once, didn't really do anything for me. It was enough...been there, done that.

We're planning our vacation for this year...Yosemite! We did Yellowstone last year, and while it was beautiful, we had some bad weather that cut into our hiking time, turned into hanging-out-at-the-lodge-eating-all-day time! We usually try to get away for our anniversary in May, before school lets out and the summer family vacations begin. We're planning some hikes, visiting the Sequoia's, and spend a day or two in Death Valley. It probably sounds like a strange mix, but we enjoy off the beaten path stuff! We were looking at some pictures and video on-line of Half Dome, and I don't think we'll be doing that hike! Glen doesn't do heights, and I don't think I am fit enough to do, much less do it by myself. What if I get to the top and can't get down? Besides, there aren't any bathrooms on the way up nor at the top! We tried to do Angel's Landing in Zion Canyon a couple of years ago, but we had just started hiking and it was quite steep and high! Hoping to get back there someday.

I took some pics of a hike in Sabino Canyon last week during a walk. I'll get those up soon...I just noticed the time and I have to work! Talk soon...

7 comments:

Ken Riches said...

Sounds fun. I have been to both, but would love to go back and spend more time.

lisa said...

i hope you take lots of pics when you go on vacation. Congrats on the great weather. XOXO

Big Mark 243 said...

I would LOVE to hike Death Valley!

I also want to hit the Valley of Fire in Nevada, so I can say 'I walked thru a valley of fire to get where I am!'

Going to the big national parks ... sounds fabulous! Hope you enjoy your vacay!

kelly said...

sounds great...I have always wanted to go to either one, well maybe one day. Enjoy!!!
Kelly~

Beth said...

I heard today that you were getting unseasonably warm temps, and thought of you. That sounds great, and I'm so anxious for warm weather!

Hugs, Beth

Anonymous said...

You don't have a boring life, but a busy one. One of the best trips I had with my Dad was when I took him to Yosemite for his birthday. He came a few other times with a bf & I, but the one time we went alone was the greatest.
We did a little(read very tiny) bit of climbing at El Capitan & lots & lots of hiking, which you enjoy. What an excellent vacation choice for you 2. ~Mary

Jimmy's Journal said...

I'd love to see both Yosemite and Yellowstone. Maybe this year if I get lucky.

Looking forward to the pics of Sabino Canyon.

Jimmy