I've written about our good friends the caterers, who do tailgate parties for the UofA during football season. They also belong to several networking clubs in the city to create more business opportunities for their company. Last night they hosted an open house at their kitchen and invited members of one of these networking clubs. We were also invited, as were members of their families. I have known this couple for about 10 years, as the company I used to work for, used them for catering events at least once a month, to feed over 800-1000 employees. Anyway, they had set up several stations of various cuisines, complete with decorations. There was an Asian inspired area with an oriental chicken salad, egg rolls, plum sauce, complete with spring rolls. A seafood area with salmon and shrimp; a polynesian style cheese, crudite, baked brie, crusty bread; a "man" area decorated in NASCAR paraphenelia featuring meatballs, wings, and nuts (almonds, walnuts, cashews, of course...what were you thinking?); a Mexican food area with nachos, mini-tamales, churros, quesadillas; a coffee bar; dessert table, and of course a bar...where you could mix your own drink, have a beer, some wine, or just plain do some shots! There was sooooo much food, at least 60-70 people at any given time. This couple is just the sweetest, most generous, fun-loving people I've come across.
TGIF...this has been the week from hell! I called in sick on Monday, felt like crap on Tues, Wed, Thurs, and today was no better. I'll have these coughing spells that seem to go on forever, and the tickle in my throat will not stop. I called my doctor on Wednesday to see if I could get in to see him, but when I spoke with his nurse, the only thing really bothering me is my cough. I don't have a fever, no headache, no runs, etc. A different kind of cough medicine was suggested and I tried it, although it contained high fructose corn syrup, and lasts 12 hours...so unfortunately, that first night I didn't sleep much because I just wasn't sleepy...at all! I took it early yesterday, and it may have helped, I don't know...I'm still coughing today. I refuse to be sick this weekend. Glen is battling a bout of diverticulitis, and a sinus infection that he won't ask for an antibiotic for because he just completed 10 days of a protocol for the diver...hopefully, it will help his sinus infection too.
We have tickets to a spring training game on Sunday, Indians vs Rockies. Its supposed to be a beautiful weekend. We also have the 4th Avenue Street Fair this weekend...a plethora of arts and crafts, food, music, etc., for the whole family. I haven't been in a number of years...just maybe...
Talk soon...
Friday, March 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Well I hope you get over what is ailing you.
When I used to work, we'd have a small caterer come in and do some of our high level meets and such, Edibles Rex. Were I ever to have a real ceremony, I would let them do the show!
Feel better! U of A is dancing pretty well!
That party sounds fabulous--you made me hungry!
I hope you both feel better soon. When I was smoking and coughed a lot, Mucinex helped me.
Hugs, Beth
That's one hell of a caterer! Sounds like a party I'd like to attend.
Jimmy
No pro forma caterer for sure...sounds wonderful and certainly above the general....
If you take a day off you are really sick, so take care of yourself well so you can enjoy that beautiful weekend. ~Mary
Post a Comment