Alyssa is doing much better. She spent about 2 days in the hospital, went home with an enema, laxative, high fiber protocol. After a few days the pain was few and far between, but she still hadn't "moved". That came 2 weeks later!! Can you imagine the discomfort? Anyway, she was out of school for 2 weeks then had spring break. Her first day at school was Monday.
Work continues to be slow, though steady. We had an all hands meeting today, kind of a state of the business address, and we were told that, although times are tough, and we are offering deep discounts on stays, our customer satisfaction remains at a steady 97%, same as last year, and we continue to be profitable. At least we all still have jobs, and our benefits remain intact.
Alisha and I continue to work out 3 days a week at least. We had an opportunity to attend a "boot camp" style workout today. It is a 1/4 mile lap, a circuit of 10 exercises, 1 minute each, rest 5 minutes, repeat, cool down with some stretching, total 45 minutes. It was great!! I was able to complete everything except the 2nd circuit, I did about 1/3. I started feeling nauseous and my legs were wobbly! I sat for a bit, ate a Clif bar, then finished with the group. We are going to do this once a week (it is offered 2x per week). I have to say that I was the oldest one there...most everyone else is in their late 20's and early 30's, and way more fit than me. Although I heard one girl say she is a smoker, and she wants to quit.
It was hot today. I don't think we hit the century mark, officially, but it was in the upper 90's thats for sure. It is 84F right now and it is almost 10 pm! Tomorrow's high is supposed to be 94F! Oy vey...summer is right around the corner. What happened to spring??
Talk soon...
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Good morning Myra,
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment of encouragement! It certainly does help:)
My daughter and I haven't worked our way up to the boot camp class yet..lol. But we have done the body pump class a few times. My daughter was surprised to see me finish the class..lol
Hope you have a great day,
Sheri
glad your daughter is doing better! hope your week is going well. hugs
It was hot today.
LOL ... had to laugh, because I have always thought it redundant when someone from Arizona says 'it's hot'. As compared to what? Mars??
Glad for the baby ... what an ordeal that was! As far as the circuit training, I think that is a fabulous way to burn off weight and get muscle strength. You 'cut up' with circuit training. Good for you!
I'm glad she's doing better!
Have a good one!
LOL at Mark's comment!
Glad to hear your job is secure right now. That has to be a huge relief!
Hugs, Beth
Customer satisfaction at 97% is glorious. You should all be proud.
I need a boot camp workout right now. I love a workplace that encourages such a healthy lifestyle. ~Mary
Hi Myra,
I'm glad Alyssa is doing so much better ... what a scare! As for work, hang in there. When they start talking about "all hands meetings" to update the troops, there's often a morale issue behind-the-scenes. I guess until the economy turns around, we all just have to muddle through.
Best,
Marty
Post a Comment