Staying on the workout kick, and still interested. I hate when I get bored with just walking, and even though I continue with it, I'm not invested 100%. Walked on Monday (oh, and I saw a snake - about 3-4 ft long), boot camp on Tuesday, walked on Wednesday, pool workout today. Water is a great workout, the resistance it offers, and as long as you keep moving, my heart rate stayed pretty consistent. I was even Riverdancing in the water! Its not a lap pool, just an apartment complex size pool, water was chilly, but then we got in the hot tub after. I am so relaxed!
One of the things the trainer told us in boot camp is any chance you get, work out! Whether it is standing in line somewhere, lift a leg, balance, do squats - nothing major, but just some dips; heck, I've even heard women should do Kegel's every chance they get! At your desk, in line at the bank, waiting for the carpool! If you don't know what Kegel's are, you don't need or want to know.
My brother is in the hospital due to a viral infection caused by an unattended sore on his leg. He also broke out in a rash, kind of chicken-pox-ish, but mom said he's already had the pox. He just doesn't take care of himself. For heaven's sake, he is 46 years old, and my mom still has to tend to him. She makes his lunch in the morning, not just a sandwich, he prefers home cooked meals for lunch. She is retired and there is no reason for her to get up other than to make his lunch at 4:30 in the morning. She complains, but the answer is to say "no", but she won't. He's had this sore on his leg for a while, but because it would interfere with his partying, he never took care of it. My mom asked me to call him at the hospital. I haven't called him, and I really don't want to. If it was me in the hospital, he would NOT call me, I am positive - he is selfish beyond measure. I'll call him tomorrow.
Looking forward to Friday. We are going on a hike in Pima Canyon at 5 dark thirty on Saturday, although I think its dusk by then. Talk soon...
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Good for you for staying on the workout kick.
Your trainer gave good advice. It's all about the little workouts that add up. Just as people gain weight ever so slowly ounces at a time, you can lose weight the same way through small workouts whenever you get the chance. And before you know it, you'll look in the mirror one day and wonder how your ass got to be so fabulous, lol.
Sounds like a good variety, and that will keep it interesting. I know I have not been very good the past two weeks, but today, yard work - here I come :o)
Perhaps your mom likes the feeling of being needed and actually enjoys making his lunch. If that is the case, she could always make it in the evening, and not have to get up so early. That is what we do here.
Great job on the workouts! I've fallen off the wagon, but yardwork this summer will be my workouts.
That's a shame about your brother. I'd be irritated, too. You can't just let things like that go, they can end up so much worse...even amputation!
Enjoy your hike on Saturday--that sounds like fun!
Hugs, Beth
Congrats on keeping with the workout! Take some pics at the canyon and post 'em......please
Jimmy
Post a Comment