I'm currently reading Lessons in Heartbreak by Cathy Kelley. Each chapter goes back and forth, person to person, and its not an easy flow. I'm going to continue to read at least half...it has to get better (doesn't it?). My sister told me The Shack was really good, her husband read it and so did she. She's not a reader. She would rather her husband read it, tell her about it, and she "knows" what the book is about. So I got the book. I'm going through some family drama right now, and I didn't feel I was in a place where I could read the book, so I picked up another book (the one I'm reading). Every time I talk to her, she asks me if I've read "her book". I told her why I decided NOT to read The Shack. She proceeded to tell me that is precisely why I should read it: its spiritual, gets you thinking, etc. I have learned to trust my instincts and when I picked up the book, it didn't feel right. I just know. She has been hounding me for the past two weeks why I should read the book. Ugh!
We got a Wii. Why? I don't know. Well, Alisha got one, and I've heard all the rave on the Wii Fit. I tried it yesterday, made my Mii (my profile person), and entered my personal data. I haven't actually "worked out". Alisha was doing the hula hoop and it got her breathing hard! It is an amazing system. What it can pick up, i.e., by standing on the "mat", it was able to measure my stance, whether I favor one side more than the other, which can cause posture problems, etc. Also, my balance, which according to Wii, I have a problem with. It even asked me if I fall down a lot. I don't any more, but I used to. Yes, even sober, I've been known to bite the dust! My son used to call me "twinkle toes"! Anyway, my Wii Fit age is 55. I am 50. Ok, so I have some work to do!
On Saturday we were supposed to do a hike in Pima Canyon. By Friday evening, Glen and I were both beat. As we were having dinner at BJ's Brewing Company, I knew we weren't going hiking. So I proposed to Glen, that Alisha and I would walk Sabino, then we'd hit the Farmer's Markets, which is exactly what we did! We went to two markets at different plaza's, each unique in its own way. Both are in more affluent areas of town, and most of the stuff they had were arts and crafts, very little produce or stuff we were looking for. I think these venues are more for tourist types as most stalls we stopped at asked where we were from. Hmm, we were in workout clothes! Anyway, we ended up at the real farmers market on 17th Street. Love that place. We got quite a bit of organic produce. Alisha got some green teas, several bags of rices (brown, saffron), some quinoa. I even got some beets that I pickled! Hope they're good :) Saturday ended up being an all day excursion! We hadn't done that in a long time, and just spending girl time, we gab a mile a minute. If people caught snippets of our conversation, I wonder what they'd think!
One of Glen's co-workers, who has had stomach cancer for about two years, passed away late Friday night. Tim has a wife and 2 teenage kids. This family has had a rough go. When Glen and I got married, I rented my house to them. They did really well until Tim got sick. They got behind on the rent, but we continued to let them live there for about a year until we were just unable to carry them any longer. We had a long talk with them and they understood our position. Anyway, would you believe Glen's boss has been paying his salary AND his medical insurance for the past two years even though he hasn't worked? It has been an emotional roller coaster, procedure after procedure, he'd get better then he'd get worse. The family will wait a month before doing a memorial service for him.
Gotta get ready for work...talk soon...
Monday, April 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
You know what they say...Wii-bles wobble, but they don't fall down! Sorry, I just couldn't resist.
As I've mentioned before, as soon as someone starts telling me I HAVE to do something, I'm more likely to make sure I DON'T! :)
So sorry to hear about Glen's coworker. What a great boss, though.
what a WONDERFUL boss for Tim...in this day and age you rarely find anyone who cares when it comes to money or insurance. I am sorry for the loss of Glen's coworker. I want a Wii someday. Only for that Fit...i will be interested to hear how you do with it. I am sorry you are going thru family drama..it can be the worst...and i do not like it when someone constantly badgers me about reading a book THEY liked...take your time....a coworker gave me a book written by Jim Morrison's girlfriend and asks me weekly if i liked a certain part. Like i have time to read....and what i have read, i do not like..i need to find that part of the book, read it, rave about it, give him the book back and be done with the nuisance! lol
Much Love to You
That is amazing, what your husband's employer did for that family ... not to mention what Y'ALL were doing!!
Family drama ... what can you do about it? Interesting what you say about the book, because I feel the same way. Often, when folks suggest books like that for consumption, it is because they are 'glass housing' a situation. Their subconscious is trying to push them to see what the books holds for them, but they feel that it fits someone else instead. C'est la vie.
I think what you did for Tim was amazing.
I would love to get a Wii for exercise purposes. I am too old fashioned for all of that. I still go to the gym.
I am thrilled you'd think about the Peace Corps. I've considered it for a while, but had to much debt to travel.
There is no age limit to joining, as long as you are over 18 I think.
You could even join with your husband. The only problem is that it's a two year commitment. It's so easy to get homesick.
I'm sorry to hear about Glens co-worker. What a blessing they had to have you as a landlord:) And to have a great boss..It's nice to hear that there are still caring people in this sometimes crazy world...
I want to get a Wii-fit..I think that will be my next purchase.
Sheri
Post a Comment