Still lots of family drama, and maybe I'll talk about it, but right now I just can't even wrap my own mind around it. It is what it is. I'm not stressing, rather, just letting it unfold. I can't control it, I can only control my reactions. Breathe.
Glen cooks during the week, I cook on weekends. If we're lucky, someone will invite us to a get together on Saturday or Sunday, usually its my family (thats another post), and I'll only have to make one dinner. We usually go to eat on Friday's so Glen cooks 4 times, I cook once or twice. Fair enough. I just bought the Canyon Ranch Cookbook after watching their chef make some chicken on the today show. I made that dish on Saturday. Roasted garlic rolled inside boneless, skinless chicken breasts, over marinara sauce (from the same cookbook), and angel hair pasta. I also made a Napolean salad, yellow and red tomatoes, with fresh mozarella sandwiched in between, drizzled with balsamic vinegar, and sprinkled with fresh basil. OMG...it was soooooo good!! I couldn't believe it was that easy, and that good. Its a really good cookbook to add to my collection of cookbooks and magazines, not to mention all the recipes I find online. The recipes in the cookbook seem pretty easy, pretty simple ingredients, and heavy on the flavor. Not your typical spa food at all!
I have a cough. Not a hacking, dry, or even congested cough, just an annoying cough. I take Lysinopryl for high blood pressure and one of the side effects is a cough. I feel like I might be getting sick again, but then I don't. Anyway, I'll have these coughing fits that just won't stop. I may have to change meds. I asked my doctor what I needed to do to get off the HBP medication, he said I can't get off of it. I'm probably going to hit menopause in a few years, coupled together with being borderline diabetic (no meds for that yet), same medication also helps with kidney health which can be affected by diabetes too, so I really need to have the HBP under control now. Oh, joy, the perks of mature years!
We have so many events in the month of May. Graduations, from elementary to high school to college. A couple of birthday parties, Mother's Day, my dad's birthday, Memorial Day, and our granddaughter, Sophia, turns one. She will not crawl on all fours, but she scooches around on her butt, pulling herself along with her feet and knees, she gets around just fine. It is so cute to see her as its second nature to her to get around like that. Hey, improvise! Then we're off on vacation the first week of June!! I can't wait...
We are forecast to hit 100F tomorrow...ugh! Knew it was coming, but dang, thats just hot! Talk soon...
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
When I was in the service, and someone would say that it was hot when the temp was in the 90's and such, I would say, "It's not as hot as it ought to be!!"
And on the coldest day in the winter ..? Of course, it 'wasn't as cold as it ought to be!'
Take care of yourself Mookie!
Mmm, the recipe sounds delish! Call my crazy, but 100° sounds great to me right now. Of course, as soon as it hit, I'd be swooning from the heat! :)
I was just started on Lysinopryl this month and have also developed a cough. I had no idea it could be a side affect of the meds. Thanks for mentioning that.
Have a good night.
I got into about one-third of your entry and I got so hungry, I almost got up to eat something before I commented.
Ok, now I've made my comment and I'm off to the frige!
Jimmy
The anxiety exacerbated more & more by senseless drama never contributes to any benefit, except when you've learned not to follow the theatrical ones THERE. Let them have it ~not spread it to you.
That salad sounds superb. I know you get plenty of exercise and watch what you eat, which is wonderful, esp. considering you do have the medical problems. Working in medical I have patients say: Don't blame this problem on my weight! or Don't tell me to eat differently, I can't. The reality is so very much CAN be controlled(no, not with all diseases, tis true) by regular exercise & good eating habits.
I am sure Sophia is a huge joy. ~Mary
Post a Comment