So the last 2 out of 3 nights I haven’t had class. I don’t know what to do with myself! Granted, on Monday night, I was studying for my test on Tuesday, but still, I had plenty of “free” time. I don’t watch much TV…and because I haven’t been consistent with any programs, there isn’t much that interests me. I have a couple of books I’ve started, but I save those for reading during my lunch hour at my desk. So…what do I do? The computer is the worst time sucker there is. You go to a favorite page, then there are links that take you to another page, links on that page…well, you get the drift. I have also been staying up until at least 10 because I don’t want to get back into the habit of going to bed at 8:30 pm, because when school starts again in mid-January, that won’t be an option. I am maintaining my school schedule of waking and sleeping to keep my body’s clock consistent. Which brings me right back to…what do I do with myself?
Ailani has a Christmas program at school tonight, so that is a huge plus that I’ll be able to attend. She is in pre-kindergarten (whoever heard of pre-kinder?), and they are so cute when they perform. Last year she was in pre-pre-kindergarten (I don’t know what it is called, but it was prior to this pre!). It is about an hour long program of singing Christmas songs, and acting out certain holiday themed scenes. Cookies and punch are offered after the performance. When Carlos was in grade school, and he had programs or awards ceremonies, his dad would sometimes go, sometimes he didn’t feel like it. When his dad didn’t go, we would stay for the cookies and punch after, but when his dad attended, we never stayed because he didn’t want to, so we’d all have to go home. So last year, after Ailaini’s program, Carlos and I just looked at each other and I immediately knew what he was thinking…I asked if they were staying for treats and he said, “you bet!”. I stayed too! Funny, how our children teach us the most important lessons in life…and its not about the cookies and punch, really, its about spending time together, in true spirit, with those we love.
Talk soon…
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment