Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Stop the mind...breathe...

I had my Clinical Foundations practical last night. I was scheduled at 8 pm, so I didn’t even have to be there until that time. I grabbed a quick soup for dinner, and arrived at school before 7 pm. The schedule had been changed, and the instructors were running behind. I was now scheduled at 7:30 pm with a different instructor. I didn’t get tested until 9:15 pm!! The waiting was the worst part. The more I waited, the tenser I became. The main instructor came in about 8:45 pm just to see how we were doing (there were only 2 of us left), and I just lost it. Quickly recovered, but I just felt off, my nerves were already frazzled. I sat off by myself, took some deep breaths, closed my eyes…silence. She asked if I was ok, and said that it would be fine. It was finally my turn, and though it went very well, 120/122…so now as I drove home, I’m all wound up! Talk about the gamut of emotions, peaks, valleys. It is over. I have my last class (the very last class of the quarter) on Saturday…should be easy, just doing massage on two people that I invited. This quarter was tough…stressful, long and drawn out! I feel drained today. Didn’t sleep well, woke up early…my mind is so tired!

I am currently reading Diary of a Medical Intuitiveby Christel Nani, RN PhD. Christel was a nurse for many years in some of New York City’s busiest ER’s. She talks about how very early in life her intuition was very strong. She knew when a neighbor was going to die, even though he was the picture of health at the time. She even mentioned it to her family during dinner, and when it did happen 3 days later, she felt that because she had thought and voiced it, it manifested. The neighbor actually had an undiagnosed heart problem. It took her many years, not just to acknowledge the gift of intuition, but after coming to terms with it, she become somewhat of an outcast among her peers – they were afraid she would intuit some disease or condition about them! She just knew what was wrong with her patients when they came into the ER, even when CAT scans and MRI’s failed to show conditions and/or diseases. We all have an energy field in our bodies produced by our cells, naturally. The energies in this field vibrate at frequencies that change depending on your health. If you are healthy, energy vibrates at a high frequency. When you are not well, the vibration is at a low frequency. This is called an aura, and can actually be seen. The energy fields within the body are the chakras. Many conditions originate from energy imbalances or shutdowns in the body that do not allow the energy in the body to flow freely. I’m only on the 4th chapter, but I find its very interesting.

I have bags and bags of clothes and shoes to donate to Goodwill. I used to give my gently used clothes to a cousin, but I don’t see her that often, so I ended up just sitting on it for a while. Isn’t the whole purpose of cleaning out closets and drawers to get rid of stuff? I hope to have a couple more drawers cleaned out by the weekend. How about the pantry? I’ll buy an ingredient for a recipe, then I won’t make the recipe or have tons of ingredients left over that eventually sit in the pantry and go bad anyway. Wine, beer, OJ…its all old!

Talk soon…

2 comments:

Big Mark 243 said...

That sounds like an interesting book. I know that I have always believed in aura and sometimes I see things in 'colors'. That is why with my condition, I talk about the 'static', because the frequency and wavelengths of colors get interrupted.

I am glad to hear that you pulled things together. My main man Nietzsche used to say 'that which does not kill us, makes us stronger.'

And you didn't just survive, but you are thriving!!

Ken Riches said...

Glad it went so well after the delays and such.