Glen asked me this morning if I was ever going to blog again. I think I said "yes, when I get around to it". Its not that I don't have anything to say, I just don't remember it all...call it a senior moment, memory lapse, or just a boring life! Glen has been working every single day, still, and we've seen each other only sporadically here and there. We did spend all of Christmas day together (he took the day off), and we managed to watch The Bucket List, then we both fell asleep and woke up in time to start dinner. Merry Christmas.
Wednesday, Christmas Eve, they let us go from work at 2 pm, so I was able to get home in time to get ready for the gathering that night at mom's. We stopped my SIL's for a couple of hours before going to mom's, and it was relatively quiet there. Lots of good stuff to eat...she makes the best cheesecake! 'Course I had a piece and she packed a to-go slice :) We got to mom's and all the family was there. The kiddos made out like bandits again...honestly they just get so. much. stuff. I'm to blame too, I admit that. Instead of exchanging "gifts", the rest of us, siblings, our kids, etc., started exchanging ornaments least year. We pick names at Thanksgiving, so it gives you a month to make or purchase an ornament, plus write a short paragraph on why you appreciate that person. At first, groans and moans about "just an ornament", and having to write something, but everyone got into it last year, and this year, was even better. Although not many "wrote" their appreciation piece, the ornaments spoke volumes. Most were handmade by the giver, and much effort was put into the piece. I admit I did not make the ornament I gave my DIL, rather I bought it, but it was personal and thought out. It was an ornament of Dirty Dancing (the movie), and came with batteries so it recites a couple of lines from the movie. She liked it. She, in turn, took a clear, round ornament and decorated it with George Strait pictures, kind of a collage, but not a cluttered look...really cool, and personal!
Alisha and I went to the movies last night to see Marley & Me. I haven't read the book and the local newspaper gave it 1 1/2 stars, but it was a cute movie...tear jerker. I had a headache from trying not to cry, but it became evident from the sniffling I heard all around me, that I wasn't the only one crying. Another reason I don't like to go to walk-ins, I cry at just about anything.
I started out with the best intentions this morning. I made a list of all I wanted to accomplish around the house...then I signed on. Now I've spend the better part of an hour reading blogs and posting my own. Gotta get back to it!
Talk soon...
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
your ornament tradition sounds like a wonderful idea.. something to always have to look back on... wishing you a happy and healthy new year...
Kelly~
Glad you took the time to make an entry. No need to feel guilty, we want to know that all is well.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you.
I saw the Bucket List on Christmas day too! I thought it was a really sweet movie. I want to see Marley and Me but it will be awhile before I have time...
Glad to hear from you! Glad you had a good Christmas!
*hugs*
heather
You always have something interesting to say...my opinion anyway. ~Mary
the ornament think sounds great! might just have to try that even though i will have to buy one, im not crafty at all lol. glad you and hubby got to spend christmas together. hugs
Did the Dirty Dancing ornament say "Nobody puts Baby in a corner." Ohhh, I want one! LOL
Hope you can get some rest now that it is Christmas Past!
Hugs, Beth
Post a Comment