I started my workout routine yesterday at lunch. There is a 2-mile loop that circles the property at the resort. It is a winding trail with inclines, gravel in some places, blacktop when crossing the road, flat areas...the scenery is beautiful! It is a great workout. At the offset, there is an incline that goes and goes and goes. My theory or how I trick myself to not pass out before reaching the summit, is not to look up, just keep on walking and I'll eventually get to the top. If I look up, it seems unsurmountable, truly, it does!! I downloaded 10 new songs onto my iPod, so I can do the whole loop in the time it takes to play the 10 songs. My gym bag contains a pair of shorts, long workout pants, and a pair of yoga mid-calf pants, a t-shirt, a sweatshirt, and of course the other undergarments necessary to workout. This is Arizona...it is 40F in the morning, and 80F at 1 pm. I've worn shorts all week, but I have options just in case it drops into the 60's - maybe in January! I did get into a pair of pants today that I haven't worn in quite a while cuz they were a bit snug and causing difficulty in breathing. Watching my carb intake, well, besides the pumpkin pie with whipped cream yesterday, I'm doing ok. I even had celery and carrot sticks with a salad for lunch! Man, I was hungry when I got home...thus the pumpkin pie! There is one slice left...Glen and I are fighting on who will eat it - neither one of us wants it!
My mom has surgery tomorrow, 11:30 am. I took the day off to be there...not that there is anything I can do, but it is kind of expected...maybe to keep dad company. My sis, Isabel, is going out of town with her boyfriend on Thursday, so she isn't scoring any points on that front.
Most of my Christmas shopping is done. It is going to be a rather frugal holiday for us. I haven't told the kids that yet, and the grandkids got clothes. I may not even put up a tree - just seems like so much trouble...then you gotta take it down. I hope to bake a few treats this weekend...Glen has never had a Rice Krispie treat...can you believe that?? He must be from Pluto. Speaking of planets, have you seen Venus and Jupiter in the sky? Very cool, and yesterday just above these two planets was the moon! Absolutely beautiful...
Talk soon...
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Good for you for starting your routine.
Sounds like a great plan, and you are very prepared!
I hope all goes well with your Mom's surgery. Please keep us posted!
When we were driving to Missouri, as night was falling, Venus and Jupiter were right above us in the west. They were so bright! I didn't get to see them with the crescent moon, though.
Beth
Yay for you getting your routine going!!!!
I hope the surgery goes well for your mom.
did he like the rice krispie treats? I used to make them all the time when the kids were small. I bet you do get up that incline. Congrats on fitting into the clothes that were tight. I pray your mom is ok. XO
That is cool, the little incline. I used to have a place in Carolina where I would do my repeats up ...
Home Mom comes out fine. Good to see you are back after it.
Post a Comment