We went to a birthday party last night, our caterer friends...and wouldn't you know, they had tons of food!! Really great food! The theme was 50's, so we put on our best cuffed jeans; I wore a cute pink sweater with a scarf, curled my hair, pink lipstick. No, Glen didn't wear lipstick, but he did slick his hair back. Everyone there was about our age or older. Era music, and because it was Dave's Diner, diner type fare! Hot dogs, hamburgers, onion rings, french fries, cole slaw, Spam appetizers (I kid you not), some kind of pasteurized cheese on celery sticks. For dessert, root beer floats and hot fudge sundaes. Dang, I ate a lot! Lots to drink too...I only had 1 beer because I was going to a baby shower today and I didn't want to be all hung over or dragging ass.
The baby shower today was great..most of my cousins were there. We don't see each other that often but when we do, it is so much fun! We laugh until our sides hurt, seriously! It was a surprise baby shower for my godson's wife. She thought the party was a sex toy party, and was really excited about buying some stuff. If you ask me, she has no problem in that department - this is her 5th child!! We played the standard baby shower games; plenty of food and drink (dang, do I drink a lot?). I had a couple of beers, little 7 oz Bud Lights...I had never seen them that small.
I start the fitness challenge tomorrow...working out every single day in December. Must be 2 miles per day or 30 minutes. I also plan to watch my carb intake, oh, and alcohol intake! My goal is to lose 7 lbs, and if I don't lose, at least maintain. Its a lofty goal because when I work out regularly, I tend to gain pounds. The grand prize is feeling great, wearing clothes that fits right, and feel healthy.
I went to DSW today determined to find the right pair of boots. I tried on at least 8 pair...none "felt" right. There are 2 pair that I am seriously considering, but I'll have to sleep on it, then decide. I didn't even buy a single pair of shoes! I just cleaned out my closet and got rid of 8 pairs of shoes that I don't wear - if I haven't worn them in a year, they are gone. I even found some heels that have never been worn! I kept those, I'll wear them some day.
Talk soon...
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Hope you have a good week!
Mmmmmm. Onion rings. I guess I'm headed off to Sonic now.
Thanks a lot. LOL
Hi Myra,
That 50's-themed party sounds great. I haven't had a chocolate malt in ages ...
Best,
Marty
glad you had a good time with your family members...good luck on the fitness thing....XOXO
DSW ... I want to have someone to go shopping with, even if I have no money!!
7lbs in what time frame? IMO, doing cardio first then follow with resistance stuff. The exercise bands are great, and getting 5, 7, and 9lbs dumbells will help you out greatly. Take the fivers with you and swing on your walk ... tone and aerobic.
I like your entries! Life is good, ain't it?
That menu reminds me of when I was in high school and also makes me very hungry.
Jimmy
Sounds like a fun party! I could definitely get into that, but then I love the whole retro thing.
Good luck on your fitness challenge! Now that we're home, I was able to get my workout in. It felt good.
Hugs, Beth
Post a Comment