Thursday, October 9, 2008

Fuzzy letters...

This is probably a dorky question, but why, when I post a comment, on some blogs, I have to enter the fuzzy letters, and on others I don't? Help is appreciated.

9 comments:

Ken Riches said...

To turn off the "Word Verification", go to your dashboard, settings, comments, show word verification for comments, and click "no".

Marty said...

Hi Myra,
The fuzzy letters are a security option in Blogger and are designed to ensure that the comments you get in your blog are authentic. The process of entering the fuzzy letters should theoretically prevent spammers from bombarding your blog with junk in the comments field. However, you can turn off the feature if you want (it's in the blog preferences). In my case, I turned it off, figuring that if spam becomes a problem I can always turn it back on. I think it's easier for people to post entries without the fuzzy letters ... so will only use them if necessary.
Best,
Marty

Missie said...

Cause some of us have the word thingy set up and some of us turned it off.

Beth said...

Yep, it's beyond your control who has that option and who doesn't. You can only change that setting on your blog. I'm with Marty--I don't care for it, but if spam becomes a problem, I can turn it back on.

Hugs, Beth

Linda said...

I see everyone answered your question, so I'll just say hi :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Sage Ravenwood said...

(Waves Hi!) Everyone else beat me to the punch, so like Linda figured I was here and would say Hello! (Hugs)Indigo

Sage Ravenwood said...

(Waves Hi!) Everyone else beat me to the punch, so like Linda figured I was here and would say Hello! (Hugs)Indigo

Jimmy's Journal said...

Hi Myra - Your question's been answered so come on over and I'll fix you a cocktail. It's Friday and a trip tp AREA 51 is on the horizon.

Jimmy

lisa said...

i hope someone helped you with that word verification thing. i took it out FIRST thing...no way was i going to deal with that. i feel dyslexic when i have to enter it over and over as i comment. XOXO