Sunday, October 12, 2008

Kids and cats...

Just wanted to share this pic of our grandkids at Carlos and Erika's wedding in September. The only one missing is Sophia, but she's only 5 months! From left to right, Ailani, 5; Alyssa, 10; Airas, 2; Anthony, 6; Christopher, 7.


Everyone came over for Chris' dinner. We're getting the hang of things, how to set up the dining room for everyone to sit at the table, while setting a "kid table" for the kiddos. As my sister pulled up, she saw the bobcat by our carport! Glen grabbed his camera and ran out to get some pics. The bobcat was on his way up the alley, and Glen was right on his tail. If you have a digital camera, you know sometimes it is hard to see the image on the display, so Glen just snapped away hoping to get a pic. He didn't get a good one. I am going to call Game & Fish tomorrow just to let them know it is in the area. I can't imagine there's a whole lot they can do, and I feel for the cat, but it seems to be quite docile and comfortable around people. I'm sure it still has big teeth!





The chocolate cake was a huge hit! I added a few teaspoons of instant espresso to the batter, so it had a subtle coffee taste. My mom brought over a lemon meringue pic too! Of course, the stuffed bolillo rolls were a huge hit, and everyone took home baggies of leftovers. It takes Glen and I 30 minutes to clean up after everyone has left. Carlos' birthday is 11/16, so we'll do it all again. I'm going to look for some outdoor games to play to involve the kids. I remember when we were young, the kids and adults would play softball or volleyball, and there would be a game of horseshoes going on. Our yard is certainly big enough to have several games going on.





In my last entry, Glen pointed out that I noted his name as "Glena"...what is really strange is he had a fiancee named Glenna back in the day. Glen and Glenna. My son Chris' wife is named Christina. Chris and Christina. Just though that was funny...or not!

Talk soon...

9 comments:

lisa said...

Tell Glen he may want to get nervous if you come home talking about a "Myron".

LOL, i crack myself up.

scary stuff about the bobcat. Let us know what the game warden people say. I love the pic of your adorable grandkids!!
XO

Heather said...

Awww... such sweet babies!

Ericanbiloxi said...

Those are some beautiful kids!
I bet the cake was great....I put instant esspresso in my homemade double kokit brownies...mmmmmm* heaven! lol

Beth said...

"Glen and Glenna" was the name of an Ed Wood movie from the 50's about a transvestite. LOL

Cute pics of the kidlets!

When you get a chance, would you send me the recipe for those rolls? Ken and I read that and said, "Oh yum, those sound good!" I doubt if we can get those rolls around here, but I bet we could find something similar!

Beth

Linda said...

You are too cute :) Love them Grandbabies...they look sweet as pie!

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Marty said...

Hi Myra,
What a nice photo ... sounds like you have a great family. Not to mention a flare for creative cooking (the cake with a hint of coffee flavor sounds yummy). As for the Bobcat ... hmmm ... I don't think my reaction would be to chase it with a camera. I'd be on the phone to the authorities faster than you can say "My What Big Teeth you Have ...".
Best,
Marty

Big Mark 243 said...

pretty family! Oh and the instand esspresso is an idea that I have tried with success! I like the name Ailani ... prolly have the wrong pronouciation in my head, but that is okay, it still looks pretty!

Anonymous said...

That's a really nice picture. Hope you are doing well and have a great week.

Sharon said...

Found ya! Those are beautiful babies....growing up so fast.