I am so glad the weekend is finally here!! It has been a long week! We are getting into the fall season, and even though in AZ we don't have "seasons", like the changing of the leaves, our weather cools down considerably (well, upper 80"s vs 100+). The nights are so nice...I've promised myself to spend more time outside in the evenings...but I have to share the space with the geckos and other buggy creatures, and turning on any lights outside only calls for flying critters. No matter! One morning last week, I was coming in from putting something in the trash can outside, when I heard something in a bucket right outside the back door. I gingerly peeked to see what it was (afraid of what I might see!), and it was a 2-3" gecko. I quickly went inside and made a mental note to tell Glen to let it out when he got home. Of course I forgot to tell him, but he saw it himself, and released it. We have several larger lizards that live in the carport, and I have to be careful not to get too close. I jumped at the sight of one that crossed my path at work, and some Facilities people were standing nearby and saw me jump...hmmm, I hate when that happens. They saw it was a tiny lizard, too.
We have a football game today, UA vs Washington at 4:30 pm. Our seats are right near one of the tunnels, and when the wind rushes through, it can get pretty breezy. Not bad when its 105F but when its cool, we'll have to take a light jacket at least. This will be Glen's first game this season as he missed the first two due to a backache. I'm glad he's going because 1) he can drive 2) he can carry the chairs 3) he can visit the concession stand to get us some treats 4) if it rains, he can hold the umbrella. Oh, and we can enjoy the game together! Sounds like a plan to me!!
We went out for dinner last night, Benihana's. Its teppan style, Japanese cuisine. We've been there once before and we were not that impressed, but decided to give it another shot. The food was much better tasting, but the way they cook the food, by the time our veggies were done, our meat and rice were cold. This particular location used to be Sakura's, similar cuisine, but I don't remember our food being cold, it was all served at pretty much the same time. The temperature in the restaurant was kind of cold too, so maybe that could have been a factor.
You see, my life is pretty boring, huh?? Talk soon...
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I LOVE teppanyaki restaurants! I'm sorry some of your food was cold, though. Usually they do a much better job at getting everything to you right when you need it.
The game sounds fun--football games are a blast, and the tailgaiting part is fun, too! Is there a lot of tailgaiting out there, or is that kind of a Midwestern thing? Anyhoo, have a blast!
Beth
I've always liked lizards, but let me see a cockroach and I scream like a school girl.
Jimmy
Hope you stay warm in your eighties, we are getting down into the upper thirties here at night :o(
I love the way they cook in the open format, did they do the knife flipping and egg tossing into the had type tricks???
Hi Myra,
Hmmm ... Glen will carry the umbrella, the chairs, the food, etc. etc. I hope he doesn't end up with another backache!
Best,
Marty
I'm not a huge fan Japanese cuisine, but both Marv & Mandy love it, so when we are in EPCOT....we always eat there one night. I do love to watch them cook though, so it usually makes the evening fun! That's a bummer that your food was cold....Did you say anything to them?
I don't blame you for jumping at the site of crawling critters, I'm with you Myra, I'd be nervous out at night....I'd need to see what MIGHT crawl on me :)
I hope the rest of your weekend is good too...you cracked me up with why you like Glen at the game....hehehe. Hope your team wins!
Pooh Hugs,
Linda
Autumn is starting to blaze with all her colors here in upstate NY. In another week I'm taking a trek to the mnts. to enjoy the view. This weekend is unfortunately busy with the home. I don't usually mind creepy crawlies, but like Jimmy have an aversion to roaches. In Fla. they used to have huge flying ones. (shudder)...(Hugs)Indigo
i hope you two enjoyed the game....and wow, man, i hate lizards...ewww..i would have jumped a mile high.....i have never ever been to a Japanese place to eat. XO LOVE YOU
... well, boring is good! I like boring myself, and I find 'interesting' a bit overrated.
UofA is in Tempe, right? Never been, but I like the name, and always wanted to see it!
I know a 'Myra'!
Post a Comment