On Friday night, I got together with Alana & Alisha's at Alisha's apartment to celebrate Alana's birthday last month! Ok, so we're a little behind. We are the oddest bunch....Alisha is 29, Alana is 36, and I am 50! Really, they could both be my daughters -- maybe having Alana at 14 is pushing it, but not impossible! Anyway, this year, we've gotten together, I think this is the fourth time. We don't get together, all 3 of us, very often, but when we do, we don't skip a beat. We can talk, talk, talk, about anything and everything! Alisha made a yummy salmon, she actually caught it in Alaska in June, couscous, and a yummy chocolate dessert, tasted like a flourless torte, kinda thick and gooey! I supplied a salad, dressing, and some a red and white wine. We even managed to polish off a whole bottle! Then we just layed on the floor on some big pillows, and chatted away. Alisha had to work on Saturday, and it was well past 11:30 when I got home.
Glen wasn't feeling too good on Saturday, so I went to the UA game by myself. I stopped at our friends' tailgate party, but I had just eaten at home a little earlier in the day, and I wasn't that hungry. UA beat Cal, 42-27! I stayed until 1:33 left in the game. When Glen goes we leave at 8 minutes remaining in the 4th quarter. We played USC on Saturday (Phil...be merciful!), and its homecoming. Oh, and I had some nachos and some red vines! Yes, I had to carry my own chair...dang!
I got the new Nicholas Sparks book, The Choice. I'm such a sucker for romance! I haven't seen the movie, Nights in Rodanthe, but I did read the book. And of course, who can forget The Notebook! I'll go through phases on the type of book I'll read. Sometimes its self help (and Lord knows I can use the help). I have tons of books on spirituality, and I saw a book on Chakra balancing, which I might pick up next week. Looking at my bookshelf, 80% of my books have a marker in them, which means thats as far as I got to reading it. So you may ask, why buy more books if I already have a bunch I haven't finished reading? Hmmm, I ask myself that too!
Today was a hot day...hey, what happened to fall?? It was 94F today! The evenings are nice and cool, but the days...fuggetaboutit! Gotta get ready for the week...talk soon...
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Wine and laying around on big pillows? I could handle that!
I'm trying not to buy a lot more books, because I've got an entire bookcase full of books to read...but then one of our favorite authors puts out a new book, and of course, I have to buy it. I also want to start using the library more, but again, we have fave authors that we collect!
Those darn writers who just keep writing.... (grin)
Hugs, Beth
Hi Myra,
I guess "life's too short" to wait until you finish one book before you get the next ... but I'm one of those people who always force myself to finish the one I'm working on first. Sometimes it feels like a punishment, especially if it's a lousy book ...
Best,
Marty
It is really cold here in the mornings.
sounds so cool for you to get together, eat, talk and drink wine. Those times are special. I hope Glen feels much better. Sounds like you had a fun weekend! XOXO
Sounds like a great weekend.
I need to do some book purchases, because I am on my last one. I usually only do crime books, but occasionally, I will get a good love story.....
Go UA !
Jimmy
94???
Wanna trade? Where I'm at, the high is supposed to be all of 58... the low in the 30's
94 isn't so bad now is it...lol
Mik
Not so much?? I think you did a lot, but then I base that on my life, and I have none!! ROFL!
It sounds like you had a fun weekend, especially spending time with your friends which is always special.
Hope Glen is feeling better...
Pooh Hugs,
Linda
Post a Comment