Watched a little bit of the debate, and I had to stop watching. If each candidate would just answer the darn question, and stop attacking the others' record, votes, etc., and answer for themselves what they would do in response, maybe I could stomach it. Truly, I am an undecided voter. We received our mail-in ballots about a week ago, and we usually schedule a time to fill them out together. This year, I've been putting it off...because I just don't know. I mean, is this all we have? Is this all America has to offer?
When I walked out this morning to get in my car, I made sure to sing, rather loudly, in case there were any critters lurking about. I must admit, just knowing that bobcat was in our yard, gives me concern. We live on 1 1/3 acre, no fence in the back or front, so the alley in the back to the street in front, is an open space. We do have desert trees, cacti (LOTS), and two other buildings on property (beside the main house). We don't have pets, but when the next door dogs bark, there is something out there, usually coyote, but we have seen javelinas too. First time ever, Glen has seen a bobcat this close, and he's lived here over 30 years! This was all desert area, and there is still a lot of undeveloped land very nearby, so there is alot of wildlife. Bobcats seem to be common as I've seen pics in the newspaper of them in people's backyards sitting on chaise lounges! Whose turf is this anyway?
Talk soon...
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
It's the critters' turf, Myra. We're just encroaching. ;)
LOL at the mental image of a bobcat sitting in a chaise lounge! "Bring me a mai tai, dahling. Purrrrrr." Hee hee!
Hugs, Beth
Hi Myra,
Maybe that's what the candidates need to really wake them up: A bobcat on their chaise lounge!
Best,
Marty
What bothers me is that I can't get excited about either candidate. I feel like I'm choosing the lesser of evils... to run OUR COUNTRY? Oy!
... unfortunately, Beth has a point. Still, it has to be a bit nervy to have them roaming around, and you don't know how they feel about your being there with them.
Methinks that the candidates use their attack mode to cover up their own inadequacies. I like to refer to that as a political "comb over."
I'm sure that the bobcats don't want trouble. Talk softly and but carry a big stick.
Jimmy
I would be scared too and i gotta tell you-if i started singing loudly that bobcat would run far away and quickly!
BOTH candidates are liars as far as i am concerned. XO
Post a Comment