
I got home today, and nearly jumped out of my skin because a stink bug was near my back tire! Ok, not much I could do about that. Glen comes running out to greet me, as he does everyday, and says, "thats nothing, guess what was walking through the yard about 15 minutes ago?" A bobcat!! Glen ran inside and got his camera with telephoto lens and got this awesome picture! The cat was about 30-36" from ground to head, then he walked towards the neighbor's house. I've seen a grey one in the area as well, but this is a different one. What a sleek and graceful creature. It probably has big teeth too!! Yeah, so if I said I was going to spend more time outdoors...probably not or not any time soon, and not by myself!!!
The weekend was uneventful. The football game was great, we won, 48-14 or something like that. It was really windy at the game, felt like my skin was windburned. Glen only carried the chairs, I carried the jackets. 'Course they're all packed into the right pocket, so they're not too bulky to carry. We ate lunch before the game at our friend's tailgate, hamburgers, German potato salad, coleslaw, and a pasta salad tossed with balsamic vinegar, sun dried tomatoes, and fresh basil...that was so YUMMY!! And I had a beer!! I could have had another, but ya' know I had to walk up 7 ramps to get to our seats -- Glen was already carrying enough :)
It was 57F this morning...beautiful! Talk soon...

8 comments:
Now my daughter would want to leave food and water out for it! LOL
Hi Myra,
Hmmm ... You have a Bobcat roaming around. Apparently there's a Coyote in my neighborhood (someone posted warnings in the area advising dog owners to keep their dogs safe). Makes me wonder, who has invaded whose turf?
Best,
Marty
P.S.: I'm not sure what a Stinkbug is but it doesn't sound pretty ...
Did you call anyone about the Bobcat? You sound so calm....I'd be freaking out!!!!!!! Be careful and don't let your pets outside.
I hate stink bugs...ewwwwwwwwh.
Pooh Hugs,
Linda
A beautiful cat indeed. Just think, sweets, if you would have had a few more beers, you could have gone looking for him.
Jimmy
http://jimsulliv3.blogspot.com/
Ok, am I the only one that is gonna have to ask.....are ya'll gonna shoot that damn bobcat?
I would be scared to death of it coming up when I did not know it was out there and needless to say, of the house pets that may start to dwindle ya know.
At least call a wildlife rescue group.
What a beautiful creature! It's strange that it's so close to civilization. (Hugs)Indigo
Oh my God, that bobcat is BEAUTIFUL! I didn't know that sometimes they're spotted...or I guess I'm thinking of cougars.
I would have been freaking out with delight to see him. What a gorgeous cat.
Glad to hear you had such a great time at the game! Tailgating=FUN!
Beth
How cool that he got to see the kitty and get a picture. Sorry you were not there to see it :o)
Post a Comment